I can relate to this
collections that are raw as fuck ➝ vera wang fall bridal 2012
Tips for self defense in places where you can’t use the likes of pepper spray etc (it’s also legal).
- Use a house key or a car key
- If you have key rings on the keys, simply keep these in the palm of your hand and hold tight.
- Place the key between your ring finger and your middle finger - do not place it between your index and middle finger as it’s a weaker hold.
- If you want to be discreet, keep this position in your coat pocket or somewhere where you can keep the keys hidden. If you don’t have a pocket, try keeping hold of the keys in your hand but within your sleeve - as if they were too big for you.
- If you feel in danger or someone goes to attack you, try to jab your attacker in the places circled in red. These are weak spots and will give off a feeling of being stabbed, however there will be no wound - it’ll just stun your attacker and bide you enough time to run.
- Try to aim for the lower areas such as the stomach and sides, these are weaker spots, however the middle of the chest and neck help too. This is the same for women.
This is important.
I do this on every walk home if it’s just me
"The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7, NIV)
Your Creator can see things in you that other people cannot see. Sometimes people will try to push you down or make you feel insignificant. Sometimes our own thoughts will try to convince us that we don’t measure up. But God looks beyond the surface, beyond the mistakes you’ve made, beyond what somebody said about you and sees your incredible value. You may think, “ I’ve messed up. I have blown it. I have failed. I’m all washed up.” No, God still sees more in you. God doesn’t just see what you are; He sees what you can become. You may have made some mistakes, but God still sees victory on the inside of you. People may have tried to push you down, but God sees you rising higher.
Now, you’ve got to do your part and get rid of those condemning thoughts. Get rid of what somebody has spoken over you and start renewing your mind. Down deep, start believing that you are redeemed, restored, talented and valuable. Even if you have made mistakes, believe that there is more in store. God’s not finished with you. He looks beyond the surface and sees your potential. Stay in step with Him and watch His plan for your life unfold.
A Prayer for Today
Father, thank You for looking beyond the surface and seeing the real me. Thank You for placing Your potential on the inside of me. Help me to know You more and see You more clearly so I can follow Your ways all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Page 1 of 331